Friday, January 09, 2009

Margaret


This is a portrait of Joe's mom. There are a few things that I really like about this painting, mostly in the face. I like the way I painted the eyes and skin tone. I don't like that I messed up on the drawing of the eyes and they are not on the same line. I also don't like how the nose is drawn because it looks a little sunken in. However, I do think I got a likeness and I would like to try this painting again.
This is also just a detail, the painting is huge and I really don't like how I did the rest of the painting. I just made a few bad decisions and did not have the time to really carry off a painting so large.

2 comments:

Sharon A. said...

You're a way better artist than I give you credit for. You hands are still funky though, lol.

:D said...

Thanks Sharon. I always thought you were teasing me when you said I couldn't paint. Now I guess I know you were being serious. lol.

I like my hands. You're just hatin'.

But thanks for the compliment.