Friday, February 20, 2009

One more thang....

I have started to turn this blog over to the sketchbook. I deleted most of my old assignments, except a few that I deemed necessary to show my progress over the last three years as well as paintings from last semester.

I think that it is important to show my progress as a student for people who wander by and maybe think that art is only about natural talent and not about hard work, dedication and commitment. Or at least not as much about those things.

Since I now have Photoshop I will try to crop and correct the older posts to stream-line the look. I may make a new post with a few corner-stone pieces to mark my progress and get rid off all the seperate posts.

I have not decided if I will continue to post new assignments for the rest of the semester or just post them at DeviantArt until I get my own site up. The link is elisha201.deviantart.com. If I do decide to only post there I will announce new posts on this page and provide a link. Hopefully I will be prolific enough with the sketchbook to defeat the need for filler.

Next week is a conference for Self Employed Artists and it is also the charity event for The Next Picture Show Gallery in Dixon, IL, a non-profit organization that held the annual IWS exhibit. Artists are coming in to paint from 12-8pm and at 6pm the public is allowed to come in and watch the artists finish. At 8 there will be an auction for all the artwork. All proceeds fund the gallery and it's efforts to bring fine art to Dixon.

I am very excited about the opportunity to participate in this event, but I am also terrified. But my moto is: "If you're going to fail, fail hard." I have to do it.

No comments: